Saturday 26 May 2018

Poly Bags Packages

As the summer begins, I’m always looking for new summer clothes that will just really get me in the mood for the warmer season. I’m usually more of a cold weather type person, but I have found that towards the end of winter, I’m definitely ready for warmer days. Winters here in Michigan can be long, and the most emotionally taxing part is waiting for Spring’s promise of warmer weather. By April and May, I am ready to start feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin again, and witnessing life returning to the trees and gardens around my quaint country home. However, mother nature loves to play dirty tricks in the spring time by throwing varying degrees of warmer weather that will again turn into cold, wet temperatures for several days, before repairing the cycle over again. This happens on the regular until about the middle of May or the beginning of June. 



To combat this ugly display of climate confusion, I try to buy summer clothes online that will uplift my mood and stave off my seasonal depression for just a few days at a time. I like ordering clothes online because I can do it from the comfort of my own home and don’t have to risk going out in public and seeing people I know. I also find it way easier to search for the types of clothes I like online and find what I want compared to shopping in a store or the mall. With the imminent arrival of summer, I have been in that market mostly for shorts and tank-tops that will really get me in the mood for hot summer days on the beautiful beaches of lake Michigan. 



Ordering clothes online can be tricky, though, because it is not always easy to know if a certain size or brand will fit you correctly since there is no way to try it on without ordering it. Luckily, most websites and online stores will let you return things for free if they do not fit. I was looking at this one particular pair of shorts that I really liked online. They were cheap, comfortable looking, and would be great for the upcoming summer. I went ahead and bought them, and was lucky enough to get one of the last ones that were in stock. The expected time for the shorts to ship was about 5-7 business days, so not too long of a wait. Of course, nothing truly compares to Amazon’s two-day shipping, but my shorts were from a smaller and more independent business. 



My shorts arrived on the expected day, and came in several poly bags and plastic packages. I excitedly tried them on, only to find that they did not fit me. To my dismay, I had accidentally ordered a large pair of shorts instead of a medium. Not only were they too big at my waste, but the shorts also hung down well past my knee and just looked awful. I knew that I needed to send them back and order a size down, but was unsure of how I could do this without proper packaging or poly bags of my own. In the end, I decided to keep the shorts because I was too lazy to send them back. If there is not a sad display of an over-consumerist and instant gratification-seeking mindset, then I don’t know what is.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Poly Bags Packages

As the summer begins, I’m always looking for new summer clothes that will just really get me in the mood for the warmer season. I’m usually ...